- 3D Printer
- Document Camera
- Smart Board
- Adobe Apps
- Browser (Chrome, Firefox, Etc.)
- Chrome OS
- Google Apps
- HMH Math
- Infinite Visions
- iOS Apps
- Microsoft Office
- Smart Notebook
MacBook SMC and NVRAM Reset (Intel models only)
*** Note: This is only for Intel MacBooks...NOT for Apple Silicon MacBooks. ***
Resetting the SMC and NVRAM on a MacBook can help correct some hardware and network issues. It is recommended to perform an SMC reset first, and then perform the NVRAM reset.
SMC Reset (Intel MacBooks only)
Reset the SMC on other computers
Notebook computers with a nonremovable battery
- Shut down your Mac.
- On your built-in keyboard, press and hold all of these keys:
- Shift on the left side of your keyboard
- Control on the left side of your keyboard
- Option (Alt) on the left side of your keyboard
- While holding all three keys, press and hold the power button as well.
- Keep holding all four keys for 10 seconds.
- Release all keys, then press the power button to turn on your Mac.
(go down to Reset the SMC on other computers):
- Apple support page for SMC reset: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201295
NVRAM Reset (Intel MacBooks only)
How to reset NVRAM
Shut down your Mac, then turn it on and immediately press and hold these four keys together: Option, Command, P, and R. You can release the keys after about 20 seconds, during which your Mac might appear to restart.
- On Mac computers that play a startup sound, you can release the keys after the second startup sound.
- When your Mac finishes starting up, you might want to open System Preferences and adjust any settings that were reset, such as sound volume, display resolution, startup disk selection, or time zone.
- Apple support page for NVRAM reset: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204063