- 3D Printer
- Document Camera
- Smart Board
- Adobe Apps
- Assessment Apps
- Browser (Chrome, Firefox, Etc.)
- Chrome OS
- Google Apps
- HMH Math
- Infinite Visions
- iOS Apps
- JAMF Pro
- Microsoft Office
- Smart Notebook
- Software Center
Access Permissions Error in Zoom Add-on for Google Calendar
Users assigned the scheduling privilege in Zoom are not able to schedule on behalf of others using the Zoom add-on in Google Calendar. An error appears in the Google Calendar event which says:
Failed to create meeting for (firstname.lastname@example.org) because Shared Access Permissions is not enabled. Click here to visit Zoom Marketplace and enable “Allow this app to use my shared access permissions” for the Google Workspace app from the Shared Access Permissions column. After enabling, remove this item by clicking “X” and try again.
If the presented instructions do not resolve the issue:
- Click on the small Zoom for G Suite icon on the right side of the Google Calendar page.
- Click the 3 vertical dots in the right corner of the sidebar and select Sign Out.
- Click Sign In in the sidebar.
- A pop-up will likely appear to re-authorize the app.
a. Make sure there is a check in the box next to “Allow this App to access my shared permissions.
b. You will receive a confirmation email when you have reauthorized the add-on.
- Sign back in and attempt to schedule.
Learn more about Zoom’s decision to make this change.